On April 14th, we'll remove the Products & Services tab from all Company Pages. We constantly evaluate how features are used and are making this change to focus on areas of the product that have proven more valuable for administrators and more engaging for your followers.
Until then, you’ll still be able to edit your existing Products & Services tab, but you won’t be able to add new items.
Where you should share content about your products and services now
While this tab is going away, we offer two alternatives for sharing products and services content that many companies are already using and benefitting from: your company's updates and Showcase Pages.
Here are three reasons to use your company updates for your products and/or services content:
- Updates appear on your Company Page and in your followers’ feeds on every device – plus, when followers interact with your updates, your content is shared with their connections, helping your message spread further, faster.
- Company updates let you share compelling visual content, including videos that play directly in the feed, and direct members to customized landing pages rather than a one-size-fits-all destination.
- The real-time nature of updates makes them perfect for sharing news about your offerings, so your content feels relevant and timely.
Here are three reasons to use a Showcase Page for your product and/or service content:
- Showcase Pages were built for exactly this purpose – to let you highlight a particular brand or product line.
- They make it easy to build a dedicated community on LinkedIn and start an ongoing conversation about that product or brand.
- Showcase Page followers know to expect news about your product or service – in fact, they’re looking forward to it! And since Showcase Page updates work just like company updates, they offer all of the benefits detailed above.
Major brands like Microsoft and Prudential Financial are already using dedicated Showcase Pages to highlight prominent products and services like Office and The Prudential Challenge Lab. We've done the same thing and created Showcase pages for our LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn Talent Solutions, and LinkedIn Sales Solutions divisions.
Learn more about Showcase Pages.
If you have any questions, visit the LinkedIn Help Center.
G Co Group Blog Team
P.S. If you have recommendations you would like to keep, you can ask LinkedIn Customer Service to give you a hand.